Welcome to European Bildung Day 2021
Saturday May 8th and Sunday May 9th
The theme this year:
Bildung, unlocking the spirit; how do we do it?
We are now planning the online events and calling for presentations and local organizers.
If you would like to host a local event on May 8th, please read the guidelines further down.
If you would like to make a presentation on May 9th or host one of the parallel sessions, please send us an email at email@example.com
To participate, please buy your early bird 29 € ticket (normal price: 49 €) here:
If you have not already joined the European Bildung Network, you need to do so at 9 € here in order to join our events: https://europeanbildung.net/membership-account/membership-levels/
Saturday 13:00-14:30 CET
Bildung, unlocking the spirit; How do we do it?
Pan-European online conference on Zoom.
Welcome to the 3rd European Bildung Day. This time, we will focus on Bildung in and for the 21st Century and how we do it.
Among the keynote speakers you will meet:
- Vesa-Matti Lahti – Sitra, Finland / European Bildung Network
- Lene Rachel Andersen – Nordic Bildung, Denmark / European Bildung Network
Saturday 15:00-18:00 CET
Local events in your local language, IRL or digitally.
All events will be hosted by local bildung actors.
If you would like to organise a local event Saturday afternoon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As local organizers sign up, their events will start appearing on this page.
Online Bildung Bar 20:00-22:00 CET
If you can’t party locally due to the corona, join us online…
Grab your favorite beverage and snacks and hang out with cool bildung people from all over the continent. The bar is also open for bildung people from the rest of the globe as well. We’ll make sure there will be several language options.
Sunday 10:00-12:00 CET
Good morning Europe!
Pan-European conference on Zoom.
Good morning, presentations from our local bildung event hosts, breakout discussion and more.
12:00 – 13:00 BREAK
Bio break and lunch – we encourage everybody to go out and get some fresh air.
Sunday 13:00 – 15:00
European Bildung — How do we do it together?
Parallel sessions on how to build a European bildung movement.
If you would like to present a paper, please let us know.
Sunday 15:00 – 16:00
Bildung — Next steps
Presentation of ideas and the Bildung Manifesto; How do we move on from here?
Sunday 16:00 Goodbye for now
Would you like to be one of the local hosts?
Time: Saturday May 8th 15:00-18:00 CET
The event can be physical or online depending on the local Corona situation.
Depending on your mission, local community and resources, the event can be small, medium or large.
You can invite people from your local bildung community either professionally engaged in bildung (teachers, pedagogues, cultural institutions, libraries, academia, civil society etc.) or a broader community (business, activists, NGO’s, students etc.); you decide.
- The topic must be bildung.
- The event must be inclusive and constructive and based on conversation.
- Please sign up as a host no later than April 1st.
All hosts will be provided with:
- A facilitator’s / host’s toolbox
- This will include concrete suggestions for your program
- A video introduction to bildung by Lene Rachel Andersen
- You may use this as part of your invitation or your event itself
- Access to an organizers’ online helpdesk / workshop every Monday 14:00-14:45 on Zoom, beginning on March 8th, if you need any help from the main organizers.
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com with any questions you may have concerning hosting a local EBD 2021 event.
As a host you are responsible for:
- Defining the topic for discussion – you may just pick one of the packages / programs we suggest, but you are also free to create your own.
- Finding the location physical or online – we can provide you with an online venue if you so wish.
- Inviting local participants – you can do this in your own language, on your own website, on social media, or any way you like.
- You may charge a separate fee for participation in your local event, but we cannot handle the booking for you.
- Sending us a text we can include in the overall program on https://europeanbildung.net/ebd2021 no later than April 17th.
- The text must include: Event title, venue address, name of the organizer (you), link to the event if you post it online, price if there is an extra fee for participating in your event, and payment option.
- Hosting the event.
- Documenting the event by minimum one photo and a descriptive text of approx. 200 words to be published on the European Bildung Network website afterwards.
- Sharing feedback during the Sunday part of the conference, May 9th.
- First organizers’ / hosts’ zoom meeting: March 8th
- Signing up as a host: April 1st.
- Submitting a text for the EBD2021 program: April 17th.
European Bildung Day is the main annual event of the European Bildung Network, which is an informal network of bildung professionals and bildung interested citizens from across Europe. The European Bildung Network website is hosted by Nordic Bildung, and all costs related to the Network and the Bildung Day are covered by participation and signup fees. Everybody working for the European Bildung Network volunteers without payment. The local events are expected to be nonprofit and self-financed by either participant fees or local sponsorships.
Hosts and conference organizers
We are looking very much forward to seeing you for the third European Bildung day. This year we will focus on best practices for bildung and the event will be a combination of a Pan-European Zoom conference like last year and local events.
Bildungtainment Center 2020
Please visit our bildungtainment page where you will find a Bildung Quiz, videos, some amazing art, and much more…