- October 29th: What kind of bildung do we need to save the planet?
- Sandrine Dixson-Declève, co-president the Club of Rome (Belgium)
- Minna Salami, author and award winning blogger MissAfropolitan (UK)
- Klaas van Egmond, faculty professor on Geoscience, Utrecht University (Netherlands)
- More information and signup: https://europeanbildung.net/events/what-kind-of-bildung-do-we-need-to-save-the-planet/
- November 12th: What kind of bildung do we need to handle exponential technologies?
- Anders Wijkman, co-president of the Club of Rome 2012-2017 (Sweden)
- Hans Schnitzler, philosopher focused on data ethics (Netherlands)
- More information and signup: https://europeanbildung.net/events/fireside-chat-exponential-technologies/
- November 26th: Bildung and democracy in Belarus, Ukraine and the Balkans
- Galina Veramejchyk, country director of DVV International adult education (Belarus)
- Mihail Krikunov, dean at the Kiev Business School and mentor for the Scandinavian Folk-Bildung Ukraine project group (Ukraine)
- Nikola Jurisic, is Serbian and promotes bildung in the Balkans (currently lives and works in Dubai).
- More information and signup: https://europeanbildung.net/events/fireside-chat-belarus-ukraine-balkans/
Each fireside chat is 20:00-21:30 CET, our host will be Lene Rachel Andersen, and since we are European and it is a Thursday evening, you are most welcome to bring a glass of wine or beer and your favourite snack.
For each event there will be 50 tickets available for our members. These give access to the zoom room, to writing questions and comments in the live chat and to “hanging out at the Zoom Bar” after the fireside chat itself. It is a Thursday evening, and you deserve a continental evening in good company.
The official fireside chat will be 20:00-21:30 CET (you need to sign in no later than 19:55); the “Zoom Bar” will be open until 22:00.
The official part of the fireside chat will be live streamed; to watch the live streaming without a ticket or to share it with your friends, please go to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanBildungNetwork