Date(s) - 08/10/2020
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
“Three is the charm,” they say.
We have announced a roundtable in Amsterdam three times now, an this time we refuse to let Covid-19 stop us: we are moving the roundtable online!
We hope that members and friends of bildung from across the Netherlands will join us for a discussion about the bildung situation in the Netherlands and in Europe.
Apart from the presentation by our Danish guest speaker, the evening will be in Dutch.
- Welcome by Michiel Tolman, De Bildung Academie, Amsterdam
- Nordic Bildung. Lene Rachel Andersen introduces bildung and folk-bildung from a Nordic perspective.
- Dutch Bildung. Together we will discuss the particularities of how bildung has developed in the Netherlands.
- Projects and actions. Attendees are invited to share which concrete projects they know that contribute to the development of bildung in the Netherlands and in Europe.
- Now what? In what ways would we like to contribute to promoting better bildung for a better Europe–in the Netherlands and outside?
The maximum number of participants will be 20.
Participation is free but sign-up via this page is required. When you have signed up, you will receive a link for the roundtable two hours in advance.
The evening is kindly sponsored by De Bildung Academie.
Who are we?
The European Bildung Network is a network of Europeans who are committed to building a platform for citizens, volunteers, activists and professionals to promote bildung. We believe that bildung is the foundation of a democratic, solidary and thriving Europe and that bildung is what it takes to empower Europeans to create the best version of Europe for everyone. We want to nurture open conversation and take concrete actions on bildung, e.g. with this round table. We want to create a platform where people can share knowledge and make visible best bildung practices, initiatives and activities across Europe. (More information: )
The world is currently in an unstable state and we need creative efforts that can secure world peace, stability and sustainable prosperity around the globe. As was underlined in this , creativity at that scale requires bildung. We therefore invite you to join us at the Fifth Round Table of the European Bildung Network.
Bookings are closed for this event.